I’ve successfully reached my goal ~ I solo camped all 50 states before I turned 51 years old.
There have been many people who have helped and supported me along the way and I’d like to thank them.
My son and daughter and of course my adventuring grandchildren, Thank you for the times when you supported me with something that probable made no sense to you.
Glenn and Joleen, friends that are family. Thanks for keeping an eye on my house while I was away. Thank you for always supporting me in all the ways that you have.
Roy and Carley Dube for welcoming me into their home and your continued support throughout this journey. Hope you let me visit again, someday………… for a little longer next time.
Reta Coffman for welcoming me into your home, making me breakfast and allowing me to spend the afternoon/evening on the lake with you and your friends. It’s a sunset I’ll never forget.
Matt Mills for helping me with my Camp50 website and encouraging me to write about it. You’ve been so supportive, more than you realize and I thank you for your support. I thank you a lot and I’m not sorry Matt.
Jess CCC for believing in me and always responding “thank you for believing in yourself” you’ve been a good source of support and inner strength and I thank you. Peace, Love, Dirt.
Tetonsports ~ what can I say Captain, that tent was very much field tested, I love how well it stood up to every kind of weather. You have awesome gear, your support throughout Camp50 was endless, always supportive in so many ways and I can’t thank you enough. You are a good friend to have.
I’d also like to thank BlueDog, if you didn’t make the decision to end our friendship, I might still be the unhappy, broken person I was when we first met. Tho it took me a few years, your decision helped me to find a way to my true self. If it wasn’t for your decision, I might be still stuck but, now I’m very much free. Miss you and thank you!! Namaste Blue.
I camped & visited some absolutely wonderful Recreational Areas, Majestic National Parks and numerous State Parks, these places helped pave the way for me to complete this journey. Camp50 a Healing Journey started April 2014, two years after I lost my dearest friend to a misunderstanding. Losing his friendship was not the only thing holding me back from being myself there were other things in my past but by taking this journey and spending time alone in the outdoors, I was finally able to heal and find true happiness. I also was able to see and explore so much of the United States, that in itself makes me very happy.
National Parks (alpha order)
- Acadia National Park (Maine) Visited
- Bryce Canyon National Park (Utah) Visited
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore (North Carolina) Camped
- Denali National Park (Alaska) Visited
- Glacier National Park (Montana) Camped
- Great Smokey Mountains (Tennessee) Camped
- Haleakala National Park (Hawaii) Visited
- Kings Canyon National Park (California) Camped
- Mount Rainier National Park (Washington) Visited
- North Cascades National Park (Washington) Visited
- Olympic National Park (Washington) Visited
- Point Reyes National Seashore (California) Slept and Visited
- Rocky Mountain National Park (Colorado) Camped
- Sequoia National Park (California) Camped
- Shenandoah National Park (Virginia) Camped
- Yosemite National Park (California) Camped
- Zion National Park (Utah) Camped
National Forest, BLM, Recreational Areas and 1 Private Campground
- The White Mountains National Forest (New Hampshire) Camped
- Richard Bong Rec Area – (Wisconsin) Camped
- Lewis and Clark Rec Area – (South Dakota) Camped
- American Legion State Forest – (Connecticut) Camped
- Harpers Ferry Campground (West Virginia) Camped
- Groton State Park – (Vermont) Camped
- Salisbury State Park – (Massachusetts) Camped
- Lum Pond State Park – (Delaware) Camped
- Caledonia State Park – (Pennsylvania) Camped
- Wallowa State Park – (Oregon) Camped
- Burlingame State Park – (Rhode Island) Camped
- Clayton Lake State Park – (New Mexico) Camped
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park – (Texas) Camped
- Lake Scott State Park – (Kansas) Camped
- Indiana Sand Dunes State Park – (Indiana) Camped
- Harris Lake State Park – (Ohio) Camped
- Illinois Beach State Park – (Illinois) Camped
- Fort Clinch State Park – (Florida) Camped
- Mistletoe State Park – (Georgia) Camped
- Itasca State Park – (Minnesota) Camped
- Ponca State Park – (Nebraska) Camped
- Clear Lake State Park – (Iowa) Camped
- St Bernard State Park – (Louisiana) Camped
- Roosevelt State Park – (Mississippi) Camped
- Mount Cheaha State Park – (Alabama) Camped
- Crowley Ridge State Park – (Arkansas) Camped
- Babler State Park – (Missouri) Camped
- Valley of the Fire State Park – (Nevada) Camped
Without public lands and the kindness of strangers this journey could not have happened and quickly as it did. THANK YOU to everyone involved no matter how big or how small.
3 thoughts on “THANK YOU!!!”
Just ran across your blog—sounds like an awesome quest. Congrats on successfully completing it!
sorry I haven’t been on my site in a few months so I’m just seeing your message now. THANK YOU!! it was a great healing journey for sure
Comments are closed.